X-Pac Compact Saddlebag (v2*)
(*Version 2 includes larger capacity main compartment with water-resistant zipper, flap hook fastener, seatpost standoff attachment)
A saddlebag that won’t rub you the wrong way. Our X-Pac Compact Saddlebag helps resolve 2 common “transverse” style bag problems:
- Saddlebag scrapes against the rear tire. We created a narrow profile bag that pulls tightly to the saddle, giving maximum tire clearance for smaller frame sizes.
- Thighs chafe against bag. A leather stand-off is included to position the bag away from the seatpost. It’s a simple solution to prevent thigh rub and also keeps the bag from abrading on the seatpost clamp.
If your saddle has eyelets, it’s a shame not to take advantage of them. It’s a time-tested way to secure a transverse style bag. Compared to narrow bikepacking bags, transverse bags allow you to get to your stuff easier, without having to unload the top contents. And there’s no added air resistance, since your thighs already take up that space.
Our X-Pac bags explained:
I wanted to stay true to our classic roots, but didn't want to restrict myself by only using heritage materials. X-Pac X10™ fabric strikes a nice balance by combining natural cotton duck with the modern performance of Dimension-Polyant's sailcloth technology. This lightweight fabric is a perfect match with our metal hardware and Hermann Oak leather.
Mounting straps are designed for Brooks saddles with bag loops. The vertical distance from the bag loops to the bottom of the bag is approx. 6 inches.
Please note: In the process of improving our products, we occasionally make running changes. Actual item may slightly vary from what is shown in the photos.
- DIMENSION-POLYANT X-PAC X10™ cotton duck fabric with X-Ply™ reinforcement and waterproof film backing. German manufacturer since 1966.
- YKK URETEK™ water-resistant zipper. Japanese manufacturer since 1934.
- ITW NEXUS/FASTEX™ MIL-SPEC hardware. American manufacturer since 1912.
- HERMANN OAK "ENGLISH BRIDLE" premium leather vegetable-tanned from U.S. hides. American manufacturer since 1881.
- HIDDEN STIFFENER helps prevent sagging
- Includes LEATHER STAND-OFF to minimize "thigh-rub"
- LIGHT COLORED INTERIOR makes it easy to see inside
- YKK URETEK™ water-resistant zipper
- Pass-through straps with wooden brace for a stable mount
- FULL WIDTH LEATHER strip for added reinforcement
- Blinkie attachment point
- Includes 2 leather mounting straps and paracord seatpost attachment
- Inside dimensions (main compartment): 10.25"w x 6.5"h x 4.25"d (26 x 16.5 x 11 cm)
- Outside dimensions: 11"w x 7.25"h x 5"d (28 x 18.5 x 12.5 cm)
- Vertical drop: approx. 6" from bag loops to bottom of bag
- Capacity: approx. 4.5 L
- Weight (incl. straps/stiffener/stand-off): 17.2 oz (487 g)