Fine tuning an old classic. Saddlebags have been around forever. We've mostly stuck with tradition, but added a few refinements:
- A stiffener to keep the bottom of the bag from sagging.
- Large side pockets with "no-spillage" cover and "no-fuss" turn buttons.
- A full width leather strip on the back for extra durability.
You have the option of purchasing our Leather Stand-Off. It's specifically designed to work with our stiffener to pull the bag away from the seatpost, minimizing "thigh-rub"—brushing your legs against the bag. It also keeps the bag from chafing on the brake cable and seat post clamp.
If you so choose, our bag works well with a support rack, such as the Carradice Bagman. Our built-in stiffener prevents the bag from collapsing around the edges of the support.
Mounting straps are designed for Brooks saddles with bag loops. The vertical distance from the bag loops to the bottom of the bag is approx. 8 inches.
Please note: In the process of improving our products, we occasionally make running changes. Actual item may slightly vary from what is shown in the photos.
- MARTEXIN "Original Wax" cotton canvas. American manufacturer since 1838.
- HERMANN OAK "English Bridle" premium leather vegetable-tanned from U.S. hides. American manufacturer since 1881.
- SCOVILL DOT® turn buttons, military/marine approved, nickel plated brass. American manufacturer since 1802.
- 2 side pockets with DOT® Common Sense™ turn buttons
- HDPE bottom stiffener helps prevent sagging
- Expandable collar extends main compartment capacity
- Pass-through straps with wooden brace for a stable mount
- D-rings to lash a jacket or Sunday paper
- Blinkie attachment point
- Includes leather mounting straps
- Dimensions (main compartment): 11"w x 7.5"h x 6"d (28 x 19 x 15 cm)
- Dimensions (inc. pockets): 15"w x 7.5"h x 6"d (38 x 19 x 15 cm)
- Vertical drop: approx. 8" from bag loops to bottom of bag
- Capacity: approx. 8 L
- Weight (waxed, incl. straps/stiffener): 25 oz (709 g)